information for professionals

This part of the website applies to you if you are a ‘Professional’, working with or caring for children and young people in an employed or voluntary capacity. 


This includes people whose job brings them into contact with children infrequently or on an adhoc basis, such as members of the Emergency Services, or Clergy. It also includes the wide variety of people in a caring capacity, such as Foster Carers, Childminders or Youth Workers.


This section is about providing information in order to support and inform professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.

report concerns

If you suspect or believe a child is suffering or is likely to suffer Significant Harm, including any form of mistreatment or abuse, or if you are concerned about your own behaviour and need advice or support, you should contact the Central Referral Team or the Service Police. Click below for a full list of contact details.

get in touch

If you are concerned about the safety of a child, young person, or an adult, or would like some support, advice or guidance in relation to social care issues, then please contact BFSWS on:

+44 808 168 3111